Thursday, May 18, 2017

In The Great Green Room by Amy Gary

 An informative, interesting and quick read that focuses on this author's private life and relationships over the years she attended college and then developed into a children's author. It leaves me desirous to know more about her writing. I am familiar with only the most well known like Goodnight Moon and The Runaway Bunny. I do not want to be negative about this book but I find that I do need to express my regret that the book is so focused on this author's personal life. She was such a giant in writing children's books, and also in establishing children's books as a lucrative genre. I would love to know more about her impact on children's literature. It is sad to realize that she died so young. What other treasures might she have produced?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments here: